Product Code : 13
Brand Name : Orbit
Orbit Wall Putty
We are recognized as one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of high quality Paint Wall Putty. This putty is especially formulated to endure in the extreme humidity, rain fall and heat by making use of the topmost quality chemical compounds and progressive technology. It is mainly used for sealing and filling the pores of wall to make it smooth and is applied for both interiors and exteriors. Apart from this, we offer this Paint Wall Putty at competitive prices to our clients.
Directions for Use
The performance of the paint greatly depends on the adequate surface preparation and compliance of the instructions for application as given below:
Preparation of Surface
- Scrap the previously painted surface by brushing it to remove loose or flaky material and paint, dust, grease, dirt or powdery material.
- Growth of algae, fungus or moss and chalking should be removed with the use of wire brush and cleaned with water. Treat the infected surface with a mild solution of household bleaching powder (recommended proportion- 2kg to 50 liters of water), and leave it on for 24 hours. Follow it up with washing the surface with clean water. The surface should be clean, dry and free from efflorescence.
- The bigger cracks should be filled using cement and sand mixture in the ratio of 2:3.
Preparation of Paint
Stir the container well. Mix 30-40% water in the Orbit Wall Putty and continue stirring for 10 minutes to make a smooth paste. The surface for application should be wet, which would help in easy workability, uniformity in shade, higher coverage and stronger bonding with the surface. It is advisable to prepare smaller quantity of putty, based on the requirement, as it is important that it be used within two hours of it with water.
How to Apply
- Preparation of Orbit Wall Putty paste
- Take required quantity of Orbit Wall Putty in a pan. 35-40% water by volume is required to prepare paste of good consistency.
- Mix half of required water quantity into it. Knead/Mix the Putty & wait for few minutes.
- Mix remaining quantity of water to get desired consistency.
- Mix vigorously for 5-10 minutes for making a lump-free and uniform paste.
- Mix the product in such quantities that it should be used within 2 hours of preparation.
- Mixing may be done manually or by using a suitable electric mixer.
Application of Orbit Wall Putty
Click here for more details.
- Ensure that surface is totally clean
- Ensure that surface plastered or made with cementitious material.
- The surface should be moderately rough and in just-wet condition.
- Apply 1st coat of Orbit Wall Putty (1.5 mm thickness) using a blade / spatula on the wall with a "bottom to up" configuration
- Apply 2nd coat of Orbit Wall Putty (1.0 mm thickness) preferably after 4 hours in summers and after 12 hours in winters. Second coat shall be applied "horizontally" to even out application marks of 1st coat, if any.
- Remove putty paste again for 1 minute, if it is left undisturbed for 30 minutes.
- Allow complete drying for 3 days and then use a fine emery paper to remove application marks, if any.